Monday, September 22, 2008

Taboo



Ok, I realise that this is my second same-sex themed movie review. But in my defense, (i) the previous one was about lesbians... so I am going to use "its a guy thing" card to count it out
(ii) I was looking for the American movie named Taboo.

I have never seen a movie like this. Set in medieval Japanese Army camp, a young recruit (see him above) upsets the mundane goings on at the camp. That is the official synopsis. If you ask me, there is a geisha joint next door to the camp to cater to these lonely soldiers. If these guys are getting enticed by the recruit, they were swinging their monkeys the other way long before he came in.

Anyway, the guy turns out to be a slut and sleeps with a couple of guys and one gets murdered. There is an inquiry. I think the investigator also sleeps with the recruit. No, I have not given off any interesting bits or the end of the movie. I could not understand the ending!! And as per IMDB, neither could a lot of people.

PS :- If you were at a Kabuki play with your Geisha, would you be able to tell the difference between players and her?

No comments: