Friday, October 10, 2008

Coffee and Sympathy

I attended Meenakshi Madhavan Reddy's reading at the Reliance TimeOut Bookstore. She was on the Bangalore leg of her book tour. Unfortunately, missed her talk. I don't think she is famous yet. I mean she was on time and finished on time and I was late. I thought she would come late... I mean come on.. this is BANGALORE!!! Everyone who is anyone comes late.

I had assumed that her book was an extension of her blog. But it is a fictional work and priced to compete with the pirated books sold at MG road. I have not brought it yet. I wanted to buy it when I would be in a position to finish reading it in a week. Later thought it could be a good birthday gift but I don't know. I mean I was trying to figure out if it was a good book for a 19 year old girl? Now I find myself wishing that I did buy it. I could have got her to sign it with a Happy Birthday message. That would have been cool.

I think people enjoyed her talk (which I missed) and the pile of books behind her had grown smaller by the time I left.

No comments: