Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum


I must have been less than 10 years old, when I first visited the Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum in Bangalore. I visited it again today. Nice. Not much for me to do.. A few interesting items on display. A replica of the wright brother's plane, a huge network of rails through which plastic balls are constantly sent like a roller coaster, 3-D movie theatre experience was pretty decent etc. But the museum was more for the kids. More of adults though. The kids were excited and pushy. The adults were pushy and rude. Kids must have got it from someone. I never got to check how much I weighed as a large family hogged that exhibit . It our weight and flooded a large glass pillar with water to show how much of our body was water.

Anyway, overall the experience was decent. The museum had ofcourse changed since I last visited. There was only one item that I remembered from my last visit. Lots of interactive stuff lying around for young and old. Entrance was Rs. 10/- and the movie show was Rs. 20/-

No comments: