Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Women of Toon town


I was looking up possible names for my blog (This is my first). I was going through my past for ideas. Looked into my favourite tv series, movies, cartoons etc on the net. Came across Smurfs, which I used to love watching when I was about 7-9 years old. I was living in the Middle East then. The series came in the afternoons and was dubbed into Arabic. I did not understand Arabic but understood the cartoon. It got me thinking of one of my favourite characters - Smurfette. I have not thought about her for over 2 decades!

She was terrific. Readers who don't know me and the idiots I know, kindly understand that this is not anything perverted. She was nice, cute and perfect for a little boy.

There have been others since.. ofcourse. Richie Rich's girlfriend Gloria Glad,
Jane Jetson (I know most guys I know, would have picked Judy but she is an airhead), and the squirrel from Walt Disney's Sword in the Stone.

I do have my favourites from my comics. It is a tie on top with Mary Jane (Spiderman) and Betty (Archie). Others include Midge (Archie again), Jane (Tarzan).. in some versions and Diana (Phantom).

Japanese cartoons never did grow on me. Anyway, by the time Hentai came into the picture.. I knew "what went where" and real women who filled their dresses were the way to go.

I wish I could have picked a different start to my blog. But this is me.. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

ALINEFX said...

who is marvin grey? Smurfette is hot!! lol!