Monday, June 30, 2008

Saving Face - Joan Chen, Michelle Krusiec & Lynn Chen (my favourite)





Saw "Saving Face" today. I had caught a bit of it before on HBO but did not get to see it properly. Downloaded it. Fantastically funny and cute movie. It had me laughing in most places and smiling through the rest. IMDB describes the movie's plot as "A Chinese-American lesbian and her traditionalist mother are reluctant to go public with secret loves that clash against cultural expectations"

That description is correct. But before you tag it as just an other lesbian / gay movie. You should see it. I have not seen many gay / lesbian movies that I remember except for things Debbie did with her girlfriend in Dallas (good "movie" too).

I loved Saving Face.. it was different and sweet.

No comments: